Pocket Tanks Game Review

Hey buddies!


Pocket Tanks has been one of my favorite childhood games & even today I adore it. Today I'd like to review the same.





THE GAME

The game is a terrific combo of fine graphics and gameplay. Really, the concept is one of the best: serene & precise and to a good extent unique too. The gameplay has its own style which as I said, is unique to this game. I haven't probably seen any other game using the similar fashion.

As the name suggests, Pocket tanks involves the use of small tanks, who fire different variety of weapons on each other. Each weapon has its own specialty & gains you different points or abilities when fired at the right Angle with the right Power and precision.

Talking about a few details now. You are first offered various choices like "1 Player", "2 Players", "LAN Game" or "Target Practice". Choosing the usual "1 Player" should yield the option to select the Player Name and required Tank color. (You would be thinking why I'm talking about the trivia, but don't worry, the important stuff comes up now!).


Next is the option to choose the weapons that you want. Choices can be made randomly or if you become advanced player, it'll be done in a typical gully game style, one turn yours, next one the other player's. Next up will be the gameplay screen.

Of-course this is the most prominent screen. Here you see a terrain (land), 2 Tanks (1 yours, other one CPU's/Other Player's) & a few controls.

What you need to do is adjust the power and angle in such an equilibrium that the shot you're going to fire hits the Tank, also the Shot/Weapon selection is important. The "Move" option can also be used to move ahead or back in case you need to.


There are numerous weapons available, like Napalm, Hailstorm, Magic Wall, Dirt Ball, Mountain Mover, Dirt mover, Heat-seeker, Crazy Ivan, Sniper-shot, etc.

THE VERDICT

So now, if you ask me I just love this game. I've played it from childhood and really liked it. The best thing about it is that it doesn't let one feel bored, bringing variety of weapons and n every game they're different. Also it keeps you ever-involved & concentrated, since you require good precision to play it well. My favorite weapons are Napalm, Sniper shot & Hailstorm.

If you want me to look on the down-side, I think non-availability of an online server to play this ecstatic game is a point. I mean I really wish to play it with some random players sometimes. But you know, to make a game that widespread, a lot of resources are required.

So overall a nice game, I'll reckon to try it at-least once.

DOWNLOAD

The game is multifarious considering the fact that it is available in a variety of platforms including Windows, Android, Mac, iPhone, Amazon & Windows 8.1 Store.

I use the typical Windows version myself. In that it comes in 2 version: Pocket Tanks & Pocket Tanks Deluxe. Simple "Pocket Tanks" gives you the basic Free version, with the basic set of weapons. "Pocket Tanks Deluxe" is the Paid version, giving you a lot more weapons & terrains.

So try the free version, if you like the game, go for the "Pocket Tanks Deluxe" if you need.

You can download Pocket Tanks Free version (links for any platform) in the following Official website link [Also browse for Pocket Tanks Deluxe]:

Visit Now

So I hope you liked the above review.
Comment with your reviews, questions or to contact me, I can also be contacted by the "Contact Me" option on the website.

Also feel free to share the post using its link (URL).

Image by Grant Cochrane, freedigitalphotos.net

ENJOY!!!







Please Ask your question/Give your opinion, here, I love to read User Comments.

TO GET FUTURE COMMENTS USING EMAIL, LOGIN WITH YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT (on a Website like google.com) & while signed in, CLICK "Notify me" checkbox, that appears now, below the commenting box.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a old post but is there some way to embed this game in our game portal?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but I think, since its an offline game, it cannot be embedded.

      Delete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...